Sunday, January 1, 2012

ReNEWing, ReFUELing, ReSO(U)Lting!

Hi Friends! Happy, Happy, Happy NEW Year!

I am so thankful for a NEW year. I thank God that He, and HE alone, has the power to make all things NEW! That includes me, not just the year. And, the shocking thing is, HE wants to...in me and in YOU! Year after year, after year!



Last fall, I accepted a part-time position and our only son started kindergarten. Although this felt like an expolsion to the "stay-at-home" norm I had known for the last 5 years, that is when everything started to smolder. The vibrant flames of deep, rich time in the Word were snuffed out with rushed mornings, travel mugs of hot coffee forgotten on the counter, and e-mails of apologies for things I forgot to do, messed up while doing, or could not commit to do. Know the feelin'? Thanks to all those of you who extended me GRACE in 2010 (more to share about that this month!). But, praise the Lord, His Light can not be put out!



A new year has sparked, my friends!



Not to conform to the list of self-striving resolutions, I seek to be transformed by His reNEWing of my mind (Romans 12:2). Want to join me? Here's how....

A favorite blog (and a dear friend), She Sparkles, is hosting a 2012 A-Z Scripture Memory Verse Challenge and we are invited! Every other week, our hearts and heads will be challenged to reNEWed with a truth from God's Word all the way from A to Z! We are not talking about passages...just verses! Click here to learn more about it! Wait! Before you click over, let me share something. There is a limitless number of things that we can add to our lives and lists, I know. Often, they suffocate and burn us out. But, a fire needs only 3 things to burn bright: oxygen, fuel, and a heat source (checked that fact out with my Seach and Rescue hubby!). Think about it: With the Source of All breathing His Life in us, the fuel of God's Word is one that will never fail, only prevail!

I am super excited to share some thoughts about our "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" verse from Joshua 24:15b later in the week. Want to join us?

Happy ReNEWing Year,
April

3 comments:

Cindy Bultema said...

Happy New Year, April!!
Oh my friend...if I wasn't already signed up, your encouraging post would certainly FIRE me up to do so!! Love it!! Grateful to journey together with you on yet another fun adventure!
Woo Hoo!
Much love
Cindy :)

Tanya Glanzman said...

Happy NEW year Beautiful Daughter of God...looking forward to reading more of your wonderful blog this year!

Amanda said...

Awesome to see you blogging regularly again! :D

I'm gonna hope on over to your friend's blog now!!

Post a Comment