Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Be Barefoot

Does life have defined, holy spots where you have stood and met, felt, and/or ever experienced God?

A. If yes, then read on my friend, see if you agree.
B. If you don’t know, then keep reading in curious company.
C. If no, read anyway!

One holy spot of my life was in Grand Rapids, Michigan the irony, I know! where in the nerves of public speaking and sharing from God’s Word, God told me to take off my shoes. Then, and only then, was my ordinary testimony given before an extraordinary God!

What can we learn from our barefoot buddy Moses if we do indeed want to meet God face to face in our everyday walk.

  • LIVE. Just do what God has called you to do right now. Don’t fight it. Don’t complain. Moses wasn’t in the land of Midian under good circumstances, was he? But, pay attention to the present. Where does God have me right now?
  • LOOK. What’s going on around me? Where do I see God? What has me in awe of God right now, today?! Recognize how God is currently getting your attention. What is going on in your life that has you wanting to run toward him?
  • LISTEN. When you hear Him calling your name (because He is always seeking us) answer like Moses. “Yes? I am here.” Yes God, it is April. I am right here in my everyday life doing the things that I feel that you have called me to do…the laundry, the dishes, the vacuuming, the nurturing, the mothering. I am here. Then, because our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever; He will commune and converse with us just like He did with Moses. Trust that further instructions await! Ask Him, “What do you want to say to me, Lord?
  • LOVE. God’s Word says, if you love me, you’ll keep my commandments. So love Him by doing what He tells you to do. Take off your shoes! Cast your crown! Take up your cross! Love Him! Adore Him! Welcome the divine appointment and place in your life. Am I loving? Am I loving my life you have provided, not necessarily the one I want, but been blessed with?
  • LEARN. Moses did. As Moses stood barefoot, burying his face in his hands, God began to talk, tell, and turn Moses’s attention to the call before him. God talked about the mission, not Moses. Moses was the one who turned the conversation around to reflect himself. God knew who He had appeared to. Don’t insult Him. Learn the mission, no matter what it is, accept it, without question and/or hesitation. God might spend months or years detailing your steps, but don’t insult Him and tell Him that He has the wrong person. He won’t. What is your ministry? We all have one. What is your mission? Not all are international and in another language. What is your heart’s mediation? God longs for us. What moves you, nags at you, and comforts you? In learning to question our mission, rather than ourselves, He can provide answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment