Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What's Barefoot?

Ever thought what would God’s Facebook would look like? What would God’s blog look like if it were about me, even?! Would it be pink hearts, lavender flowers, and bright rainbows or short tweets like “R U there?” with lots of punctuation marks.

It’s a little daunting to think that I want to blog about God –
The Almighty!
Maker of Heaven and Earth!
Creator, Sustainer! Affirmer!
Omni-Everything!
Alpha!
and Omega, too!

However daunting, I make sure that I always blog barefoot! Barefoot simply means when your ordinary life meets the extraordinary power of God that you recognize His holiness and the need for direct obedience. Not sure if Webster defines it the same way, but a good working definition for the blog.

He is everything to me! A children’s song says, “Give God Something to Bless.” I want Him to bless this blog. I give it to you, Lord! As I chronicle and share my journey of faith, I invite you to join me. Not to attempt to resolve every theological debate, but to interact, e-converse about God apparent in our lives. Malachi 3:16 says when we talk about God, he writes it in a book of remembrance. It pleases Him. Take off your shoes! Search or subscribe. Leave a thought or start a thread. Click for communion or find some food for thought.

Whatever or however He uses this blog…To God be the glory, great things He has done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment