Friday, October 30, 2009

A Note via A Blog

Last week, I learned that Susan Kelbold shared her story with O Magazine. I could relate. If I could send her a note, it might read something like this...

Thursday, October 22, 2009
Dear Susan,
I know it took an amazing amount of courage to come forth with your story. Seven years ago, my family was affected by murder and suicide. I have only been able to publicly speak about it this year. God has brought much healing to our extended families and I am now sharing my testimony and story; it is always difficult, but not as hard as the first time. Thank you for sharing your story. I could so relate to your described feelings about how others perceived you (law enforcement, community members, victims’ family), your internal struggles as a victim, and the apologies you offered. I understand from Good Morning America's interview with Gayle King that you felt that you could not do a TV interview, but wrote the article for O Magazine instead. You did so much with your article. I applauded your willingness to vividly share, your call for awareness, and vulnerability to the public. One line said, "Dylan changed everything I believed about my self, about God, about family, and about love." It is my prayer that God will bring complete healing to you, you will come to know Him in a very intimate way through this, and experience His all-sufficient love even when you don't hold the answers. Today, as Oprah's November issue hits the stands, we should offer you compassion as we did to the families of the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago.
You have mine,
A Survivor


When I went to pick up a copy of the magazine to read the story. These front page articles caught my eye: Who Are you Meant to Be? My answer is Rev. 4:11. And, How to Talk So People Really Listen, I would site 2 Timothy 2:2. It was a good $5.00 investment to be reminded of the Author and Perfecter who holds answers to all of my questions and confirms all of my steps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment