Thursday, October 15, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

So, I wrote my first skit today...a comedy monologue. A women rushes in to the church fellowship like a whirlwind to join all her friends for a time of spiritual retreat and renewal. She is frazzled, frustrated, and in a frenzy. She plops down with a huge purse and begins to frantically search for her lipstick to freshen up before the guest speaker takes the stage. And thus, it begins. She pulls one purse out of another purse out of another purse out of another and so on, as she in excruciating detail shares the morning's chaotic events of her life. Yes, I may be barefoot, but I do have that many purses! "I'm a tellin' ya the truth, I know my lipstick is in one of these bags," she insists. Upon finding and applying her beauty, she sits covered up by a mound of baggage. Moral of the story: We can not truly be all that He has already designed for us unless we are willing to dig through our baggage and find what makes us shine for Him.

Lord, whatever you want to use this weekend, Your Word, a skit, an analogy, or my own testimony (that I still have difficulty sharing), it is YOURS! Make me shine a beautiful shade of whatever brings You glory...I prefer Black Honey by Clinque.:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment