Monday, October 12, 2009

Prep, Print, Post, Pray


This week I am preparing to speak at a Weekend Women's Retreat in West Virginia. Yippeee! I feel like Cinderella getting ready for the ball...a dream come true...turning the not so glamorous parts of my life into something for His glory. Speaking of which, Cinderella had bare feet issues, too, didn't she? The focus of the weekend is Psalm 18:28 "Enlighten My Darkness!" I will be sharing some of my own testimony and the story of King Hezekiah's Tunnel. So, I thought I would make short daily posts this week to invite you along for the journey. Today's preparations consisted of looking up some key scripture about the tunnel, enjoying a long talk with an inspiring mentor and friend, professionally printing some visual aids, designing business cards, and finding a really cool blog post about the tunnel! But the most enlightening part about today was finishing my study on Titus where Paul tells Titus not only to "initiate" good works, but "maintain" them. So, back to our beloved girlfriend with her one shoe on, one shoe off dilemma. I hear, "Be bold, take a step, take off the other glass slipper, don't hold on, don't hold back." Bold & barefoot...and I pray that I stay that way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment