Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One Little, Two Little...

Answer this from an old college interview:
If you could be a toy, what would you be?

I want to be a puzzle.

Today, we have yet another blogging squeal...another piece in the puzzle of my life. See, that is what I love about blogging (journaling), you make note of what is happening, record where you see or hear Jesus in your life, and then sit humbled when He arranges all the pieces, shows you the puzzle, and to your surprise, it isn't what you thought, it is just a radiant portrait of Himself.

So, remember when I shared "Ok Lord! I hear you Loud & Clear!" Well, a lot has happened since those first 3 pieces tugged on my heart. I asked around to see what books friends would recommend on prayer. An e-mail came late one night mentioning one specific book on intercessory prayer. I tucked the title away and kept listening. The very next morning started with a long awaited playdate for my 3 year old - as much for moms as kids, if you ask me. As conversation jumped from "play nice," preschool field trips, "don't grab, share," domestic tips, and good children's books, I took a leap of faith and inquired, "Are you involved in a Bible Study?" Now, the conversation got really interesting. This rekindled friend shared that although her heart longed to deeply study God's Word, she wasn't involved in a Bible Study. I was excited to learn that some other moms had been talking about an early morning Bible Study time, but nothing had been decided. Then, she shared an attempt to do a solo study, but just read the first chapter. Guess what the book was - you know that I asked! YES! It was the same title that arrived in my inbox that very morning on intercessory prayer.

Through God's providence a small women's Bible Study is being pieced together as I type. A perfect seven met this morning...bright and early at 6:00 a.m. for discussion and prayer. These women have an eagerness for God's Word, a heart for daily intimacy with Him, and desire to rise and shine for Jesus. The morning's stillness freshened my day with prayer, sharing, and testifying. God even had His Hand on some meditation music the Spirit prompted me to bring. Although Kari Jobe's song, Be Still was new to most, one member had just sung You are For Me the previous Sunday in her home church. Seven different pieces, coming together in one beautiful portrait of confirmation.

Later in the day, I was humbled when two early-risers e-mailed me. We had the date, time, location, topic, and Holy Spirit. God knew one last piece remained. Their encouragement for me to lead our Bible Study was God's gift to me today...one of many! After getting the first message from Him on November 1st and then seeing all the pieces fit together, 23-days later, I told them and God, "Yes!"

I am giving thanks today and over turkey Thursday for:
One little, two little, three little pieces,
Four little, five little, six little pieces,
Seven little, eight little, nine little pieces
May be even ten little pieces seeking You!

How beautifully radiant you are, Father. May we rise & shine to meet you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment