Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ALL CRACKED UP!

When I first instituted Tunesday, I blogged about the revelation I had over hard boiled eggs. Well, here is the sequel...

Yesterday, again barefoot in the kitchen, I made my famous, easy, guilt-free hot breakfast of hard boiled eggs for Jeremiah. And as I peeled eggs, not onions, I started crying.
Culinary Lesson #1: Did you know, the more you tap the shell, the more cracks you put into a hard boiled egg, the more you seek to fracture it...the easier it is to get the shell off?
Culinary Lesson #2: Watch out! If you are in a hurry and pull the shell off too soon, you can literally tear the egg a part and it isn't whole anymore!

It was like dynamite went off in my head and the salty aftershocks rained down my face.

The more broken we are before Christ, the quicker our shell comes off.

Just when I think I KNOW JESUS, I tell Him, What do I really know about it all? Do I get it? Do I listen?

After a weekended seeking to control and judge others, I broke with the eggs. Over the saucepan, I let the steam carry my prayer of repentance to Heaven. I told the Lord, I know better than to judge someone else, that's not love. I know better than to control the mood and men in my life, that's not peace. I know better than to dwell on my opinions, that's not self-less living. I was so sorry and embarrassed before God. I know better.

Then, feeling the stream, hot water, cracked shells, and warm eggs within my hands, with my offering, He whispers, "Look at me with your unveiled face." 2 Corinthians 3:18 is such a beautiful reminder of His grace and mercy, And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. I thanked Him for his forgiveness, decided not to wear make-up the entire day even though I would be getting together with friends later (huge deal for those of you that know me!), and took our breakfast to the table...it was a NEW DAY!

So, imagine my stillness in the library parking lot later that day as Jeremiah is ready to hop out of the mommi-van and there is this incredible song on the radio that halts me. Mind you, I've never heard it before, it is a new group to me, and we are going into the library to give the old and get the new. A line from Addison Road grabs me, If You touched my face, would I know You? And the rest of What Do I Know of Holy are the lyrics of my heart. I share them with you!

It's Tunesday and I am excitedly seeking to be all cracked up, continually unveiled, and daily learning more of holy!

2 comments:

barefootoffering said...

Tempted to get "bogged down," what does it say when the "blogger" goes back and reads her own "blog?" LOL :)

My Father's Daughter said...

It says that God can continue to minister to your heart with revelations that He has already given you-- I go back and read my own blog all the time :)

As I was reading your post this morning tears began to stream down my face as well- until I got to that "no makeup" part and then I started giggling....so giggling with tears streaming down my face I am thankful for that "nugget" today.... makin em' cry, makin em' laugh, ministering into hearts and lives with the truth of God's word-- You ARE doing it girl!! Thank you for your faithfulness and sharing from you heart with honesty and vulnerability....

Post a Comment