Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Come"BACK"

Don't know where to begin,friends.  It really goes all the way back to this past January.  I realize it is now July and before that, I hadn't even blogged in over a year (more about that in the future), but this has been my recent struggle:

Going back down our entry way stairs to get more luggage from our New Year's Eve trip, I fell.  Seven thuds later, my life has been nothing short of a journey I never expected.  What was a hamstring pull, turned into a herniated disc.  What was a herniated disc turned into a herniated disc, a ruptured disc, and a vertebrae out of alignment, plus a few other things.  It ain't pretty, and I don't need another MRI or X-ray to tell ya. :)

Sparing you the medical roller coaster ride, just to say, "It ain't over."  The reason I am "BACK" is because this physical problem as turned into a spiritual struggle and challenge.  If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times in our girls' Bible study class, "Girls, it is one thing to know the Word, it is another to believe it!" 

My inability to walk at times, grocery shop, cook, do anything, days and nights of laying and sleeping on the floor, medication trial and errors (including oxygen administered in the ER due to falling respirations), physical therapy appts, an ice pack burn (yep, that is a real thing...you can goggle photos of people who have made the same mistake trying to get relief!  Honest!), and way too many co-pays have left me often tongue-tired before God.

Until some words resonated deep within me. 

After a 2 week absence from my job as a part-time church secretary due to back pain, I was finally back at my desk for the first Friday.  With everyone asking me how I am doing, I felt lost in how to answer.  Do you really want to know?  Really?  "For starters, I am glad to be out of pajamas today."
Know the feeling?

Music was playing on the computer as I finished Sunday's church bulletin and I heard, "...my prayers are wearing thin..." everything stopped and I felt as if someone finally knew how I felt without asking me.  You can hear it, too click here.

I e-mailed a link to my hubby (who has been Superman during these last 7 months) and said, this is my theme song right now.  Only to be laying in the floor again tonight and surfing through some frustrations and tears on-line to find this...the story behind the song here.

Is it just me or did you notice it too that God changed the direction of this guy's life with a back injury?  I wept at God's love for me in His attempts to get my attention.

What part of what he said do you want to talk about?!?!  WOW!

Yes, if you are wondering, scripture HAS been by my side, sent to me from foreign countries, texted, e-mailed, written on index cards, but I will never tire of how the Almighty Living God chooses to make Himself audible to a heart that longs for Him, but with ears that are tired, weak, and WORN.

Will share more later, I'm happy to be "BACK!"

5 comments:

Cindy Bultema said...

Glad you are BACK too, my friend. You are missed.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to HAVE you back! So very sorry to hear of all you have been journeying through... Looking forward to hearing your heart poured out once again- you are one of my favorite bloggers! :)

amelia said...

Oh I am so sorry. Back trouble is so crippling and the pain affects every area of your life. I've watched loved ones suffer like this. Some well. Some not so well. Glad you are back and praying you have good relief this week!

Mealtimes Matter - Homekeepers Academy said...

Ash..the things God will do to strengthen our walk with Him and strengthen our testimony. Glad your back. Praying for you!

Lori Tibbs said...

Praise the Lord! Thankful you are BACK! God is good! <3

Post a Comment