Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Packing the Preparation for Presentation


Besides the pavement ahead, this was my view today as I drove through Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, AND Michigan in an 10 hour journey (with an undisclosed number of bathroom stops) to return to a Christian speaking seminar. As I zipped my suitcase at 6:35 a.m. this morning (with another undisclosed number of jewelry items and pairs of shoes), I printed out my 4 speeches, directions, and conference itinerary. The first speech is tomorrow at 3:00 in the afternoon, I thought. Then, as I handed my load to my husband, I was reminded of how a recent devotional helped me pack one last item for the journey...confidence.

Preparation is made up of agreement and claiming. Agreement is joining together my will with God's way. God's Word is true, consistent, and applicable. So, if I am in FULL agreement with what He says about me, then I am one step closer to being prepared for whatever lies waiting. I don't want to just know Truth (thanks to the Southern Baptist Covention for title of 1989 Texas State Bible Drill Championship 2nd Place Finisher), but to trust it. If Truth holds the first place of my heart, then I don't mind if my will is 2nd. But, if I don't agree with what God says about me, then Iam ill prepared for anything that takes place.

Claiming is affirming that God's way is my will. The popular verse, Change my heart O God, asserts that whatever changes He thinks are necessary will be accepted and maintained. FULL claim of my heart belongs to Him. I claim He is mine, and I am His.

So I agree that God has equiped me, called me, lead me, gifted me, favored me, chosen me, appointed me, blessed me, and most of all loved me. I claim that with so much invested in His creation, He will hover over me in the coming days to not only lead me in preparation, but in presentation, of every Word spoken in His confidence.


With the 604.6 miles already completed today, I know that the journey has just begun because of what I packed, how I prepared, and where I am placed.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm praying for you, April!!! How wonderful it is to place our confidence in Him!!

Post a Comment