Tuesday, June 29, 2010

His Season

Virginia welcomed me home on Sunday after an almost 11 hour drive to my amazing husband, our bright and beautiful red head, and a huge banner, "Welcome Home!" I not only felt welcomed, but loved. Thanks fellas!
The trip to Michigan, only two days into Summer, made me realize my season is currently Spring. God's Word reminds us that we should not be conformed to this world, right? Well, I don't even think I am of even of the current season. HA!

Things are just spouting up everywhere. Is that a "good thing?" I am just trying to maintain. Been there? Done that? And this is no shocker - the Enemy is trying to choke out Life in my season by multiplying weeds of frustration, distraction, and guilt. But, I long for time to come and sit (a.k.a. BE STILL), be barefoot (extremely and painfully truthful), and focus (pray) over the seeds that have been planted:

~ God is the Master Gardner and WILL show me how to have a green thumb! I need to ask.
~ My husband wants to cultivate right beside me. I am grateful.
~ My son needs my attention. He only grows once.

The rest of the "things," I am figuring out.

So, the world says this about Spring: "April showers bring May flowers!" How may times have I heard "that" one when I have introduced myself?! But, I believe that God is saying, "Seek me first and ALL these "things" shall be added unto YOU" in this season. Don't just try to "figure" them out.

Welcome Home? "Yes!"
Welcome Spring, Seeds, Spouting? "Yes! Yes! Yes!"
Welcome Seeking? "Always, my beloved."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For futher planting:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

1 comments:

Tanya Glanzman said...

Spring is a beautiful,refreshing season just as YOU are a beautiful and refreshing woman of God...Spring is used in the natural to bring LIFE just as the Lord has called you to bring LIFE to others through the sharing of the truth of His Word. I am blessed to know you sweet sister.

Post a Comment