Friday, June 25, 2010

Matchmaking 101

As scripture from Ephesians 3 was read over me today during Day #1 of the Speak Up seminar, it could not have been a more perfect match:

"And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along. Through followers of Jesus like yourselves gathered in churches, this extraordinary plan of God is becoming known and talked about even among the angels!"

This match ignited me.

God knows that I am not just a chosen speaker, but I need the right words to listen to, meditate upon, and inspire me. I am the one who really needs words...His Word. They speak to me like no one elses'. I am humbled that my very own story is quoted by the famous, my pre-published writing is even mentioned by established authors, or my attempts to share can even be applicable to the well-known. How does he pull things like that together I ask you?!

Do you find comfort in 1 Corinthians 12:4-6? Where God tells us,

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit.

There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.

There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men."

I do. Let me show you a few examples:


This is me and my friend & seminar sister Tanya...same colored blouse (how does that happen?), same desire to speak God's glory, same home state of Virginia, same love for God's Word, and under the same authority of the Holy Spirit.

But...



...this was Tanya's side of the room this morning (after spilling coffee on her bed while Facebooking, singing, and getting ready - all at the same time) as we left to go speak, minister, edify, lead, worship, praise, and bring glory to the Father.





And, this was mine.

No shocker for those girlfriends who know us!

But God is God so He understands how this is a good match. The very generosity of Christ, that is sometimes over my head, displays how HE is the perfect match. He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ALL at the same time! HE is the perfect match maker. He makes ALL things beautiful (Ecc. 3:11) - even hotel rooms and supply ALL our needs. And HE is matchless as His Word can not return void. We are all gifted differently, speak in variety, and minister in multiple ways; it is HIM who matches His words to our hearts...no matter our style. Just as He did for me today.

I am grateful that we are not all the same. He does not want a dozen cookie-cutter Christians caroling Christ. He wants each of us to "...bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created ALL this in the first place has been doing in secret and behind the scenes ALL along. Through followers of Jesus like yourselves..." and in our own way.

So here I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment