Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A New Class - "Corinthian Math"

As I sit in our room, my haven (minus the extra "e"), complete with prayer bench at the foot of our bed, I close the door in soft light and begin to type...

Father, it has been 100 days since my last blog post.
It has been almost 1 year since my commissioning.
It has just been 2 days since I accepted your ministry...in my life.
And, it has just been in this moment, I have mustered the energy to attempt to share my praise of You, O Holy God.

Last year at a Speak Up seminar, the head of Cornerstone Theological Seminary came into the conference room that overlooked a still grey pond and asked all of us, "green" public speakers, to stand. Each was to put a hand on the person beside her as we received our commissioning. Two hands embraced me. As with his past graduating classes, he spoke the motivating charge as Christ would in red and said, "Go!" Although simple, still terribly enormous. I took it with streaks and streams of tears billowing down my face, but with open palms and knew my life would never be the same. My calling was confirmed. HE was preparing to multiply in His time.

In little over a year, God has taken a girl who loves her shoes (and secrets) and transformed her into something complete barefoot (vulnerable) and brand new. He took one rough, tearful, voice crackling public speaking testimonial and turned it into 6 public speaking events this year, with one on the way Saturday. He took 3 years of solo Bible Study and opened a door to lead one weekly at 5:45 a.m. And he took an eager unharnessed desire to minister and focused who, what, when, where, why, and how. HE multiplied in His Time.

And just mere hours ago, as I e-mailed all 25 girls (with 3 more on the way) who attended our first new Young Ladies Bible Study meeting Monday, in a room where I only envisioned 5, I await their transformation and acceptance of Truth. HE will multiply in His Time.

Because Truth says, "God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done.
As one psalmist puts it,
He throws caution to the winds,
giving to the needy in reckless abandon.
His right-living, right-giving ways
never run out, never wear out.
This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God"
(2 Corinthians 9:8-11 MSG).

Have I mentioned that math has never been my strong suit? I tend to prefer a little "drama" from time to time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the answer to a multiplication equation (1 Barefoot girl TIMES the 1 True God) was "the sum," but with God factored into the equation, I think the answer is "ALL, and then SOME!"

3 comments:

Jilian said...

Good to see some action over here :) I'm super excited for the YLBS updates throughout the summer. How special those young ladies are!

Terri Nestel said...

I have missed your blog April. I am so excited for all that God is doing in your life.

barefootoffering said...

Bless you, bless you, bless you Terri Nestel for saying that you "missed" my blog. God is alive and well, and moving all over the place down here. Right now God is trying to drill Ephesians Ch. 1 into me...so many others see it, God sees it, but I need to see it. Speaking on it tomorrow in Radford! Thank you for missing me. You touch my heart!

Post a Comment