Saturday, January 30, 2010

Singin' in the Reign



Recent events have called "Praise" to my remembrance.

Probably not alone, I find it so much easier to praise when things are going well or God reveals Himself in a miraculous way. But, even as I currently wait for him to teach, heal, and speak to me, is He still not God? Worthy to be praised? God, in the name of Jesus, help me to spend my time not waiting, but praising and rejoicing over You, for You, through You. For when the assaults of heartache pound me, I tend to loose my voice, and thus my perspective. I want to lead the choir of voices tilted toward Heaven as the showers of storms pelt us where we can not see and Gail-force winds howl in our ears where we can not hear. As the enemy tries to forecast disaster, destruction, dismay, disillusionment, and dissention...I want to sing...barefoot...without an umbrella!

Today, I lay down my umbrella and designer golashes and slicker. I stand under Your reign of protection in awe of Your character, Your comfort, Your compassion...they fail me not! Despite the forecast, may I not only speak to You daily, but hear from you daily as well!

From a mentor from afar,one whom I have never even met, I appreciate the encouragement to do both... Q & A with Sarah Young

0 comments:

Post a Comment