Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From Ashes To ???

Readers, let me explain my absence...

Twenty-three days ago, I was invited to write for publication for the first time ever! Although terribly excited, it required more honesty, patience, and persistence than I thought I had. Even though there are no guarantees in the publishing word, His grace was sufficient. So God's story rests in God's hands. As I placed that short devotional in God's hands by hitting the send button, God reminded me that He can not be out given. An invitation to speak arrived on the eve of the devotional's final submission. I have been officially invited to speak TWICE and share God's miraculous work in my life! Dates are being set to speak in a small group setting followed by a larger service. Can I finally add a "Speaking Dates" button to my blog page?! Hallelujah...TBA!

Not to be out done by just answering my prayers for ministry, God has found a voice in others around me. Encouragers who say, "Yes, you can." A husband who says, "I think I will unload the dishwasher for you." And a beautiful friend (inside and out) who made my heart swell over our Ash Wednesday coffee, as she quoted,
"...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes,the oil of gladness instead of mourning,and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of HIS splendor" Isaiah 61:3.

Lord, I don't know who would want to plant ANYTHING in me this past season. But YOU have! Weeks of aches, pains, and frustrations are bearing fruits of opportunity, possibilities, and renewal that I can only explain through YOU. Have Thine own way even from the ashes!

3 comments:

allisonwelch said...

I'm sitting in the sun, catching up on my favorite blogs, and blessed beyond belief. First I read about Lent - "Beginning with the End in Mind" http://thereligionteacher.blogspot.com/

Then I fast forwarded to the blissful end with your post. Thanks for reminding me that after the hard part comes the good part.

Congratulations, April. "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Allison
with traces of ashes still on my forehead and already craving a Coke! ;-)

Anonymous said...

So proud of you sweet friend!- I REJOICE with you while we do a "happy dance" together in the spirit! :) We will have to hold off on the real thing until June....

Anonymous said...

April, that is wonderful! I am glad to see that your work and dreams are coming to fruition :)

Love,

Terri

Post a Comment