Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hi Stranger!!

Just about everyone knows what the Lord showed me at Barnes & Noble on Sunday. I sat in a chair that was the color of hot cocoa with melted marshmallows, and I felt like one when I sat down in it. I so needed the time to myself!!

Grabbed a Venti African Autumn Tea (a must try for any rookie) and my Bible, and started finally relax. I looked up few verses about grace. A recent sermon and Word search through several portions of scripture spoke volumes and volumes to me in moments (hope to share all that later).

But, have you ever been by yourself in a public place and looked around and thought, "Do people see what is happening to me over here?!" I felt as if it the Truth that I was being showered with was physically visible because it was so good!!

Sadly, one thing that I haven't shared with everyone is that there was this girl sitting right next to me in the other hot chocolate chair. A couple of times I felt like maybe I should spark up a conversation with her or see what she was reading. The truth is, I didn't.

Here I was engrossed with so much Truth, I could hardly contain it, and wrestling with how difficult it is to share it with strangers, friends, and even harder with family. Do you ever feel that way?! I confess, I have prayed for that "girl with the GMAT study guide" for 3 days now, but I regret not speaking to her.

Could you just spark up a conversation and say to a stranger, "Hi. Do you know Jesus?" Not, "Hi, how are ya? or "Hey what'cha reading?" But, "Do you know Jesus?!"

Below is a video of a man on Queen Street in Sydney, Australian who made a commitment to talk to strangers. A dear friend shared it with me today and I have watched twice (Thanks, Theresa)! Watch here and think of him the next time you are in the bookstore, I will.
Or better yet, maybe you want to answer his question...

0 comments:

Post a Comment