Friday, March 4, 2011

IT IS HERE...IT IS HERE!

This week has been...ummm...unique!

DING DONG!
"Hi, I am the bug exterminator, I got your call about the box elder beetles in your laundry room near the hot water heater!"

Then, DING DONG!
"Hi, I am the gas guy, I got your emergency call about gas fumes from your hot water heater!"

A little later the SAME DAY(!), DING DONG!
"Hi me again, the gas guy, I got your second emergency call about a gas leak from the meter we just replaced in your yard."

And just today, DING DONG!
"Hi, I am the plumber, here to repair the hot water heater!"

And then, after all the repairs, DING DONG! There was my BELOVED JASON holding a box with my FIRST published devotional delivered right to the door having just arrived in the mail!

I screamed, ran up the stairs to the kitchen, opened the box, and started to cry...with my family! No photo enhancing here, friends!!


Jason would have never been home in the middle of the day if the hot water heater wasn't being repaired. The hot water heater would not have been repaired if I had not smelled the gas coming from the hot water heater. I would have never smelled the gas from the hot water heater if I had not just been doing my normal daily chores as a stay-at-home mom doing the laundry (on a day I really didn't feel like it)! I would not have been near the hot water heater so much, but did I mention that I was trying to avoid BEETLES??!!

What a blessing to have my biggest fan hand me a gift right from the TRUE Author and Finisher of my faith!

Immediately, the picture in my head was complete.

Repairs! I don't like them! I don't like calling repair people (God bless the work you do!) I don't like waiting for the work to be done. I don't like the cost of the repairs or the mess you have to endure to get the WHOLE job done!

But don't you want a safe and well functioning home?

Of coarse!

The Christian life is similar. Some would draw no symbolism to the newly published devotional arriving from the mail truck TODAY EXACTLY on the heels of the plumber leaving the driveway. Or even the beautiful gift of opening the door to the LOVE OF MY LIFE holding WORDS in the SONlight.

But others...those who "get it" and know how "it" works DO!

Lack of care, storms, abuse, wear and tear all lead to worn out appliances. Squeeky wheels need oil, old meters need updated, and heaters need pressure reducers to meet new codes and regulations. Am I talking about episodes from HGTV or our lives? :) Both!

"ALL things work together for GOOD to them that love God to them who are CALLED according to HIS purpose" (Romans 8:28). Despite depression, disaster, distruction, distration, and distruction, HIS desire is for GOOD for those who love HIM. Over and over, the Lord has shown me when I humble myself to roll up my sleeve, get in the mess, accept the cost has already been paid, DO THE WORK HE ASKS OF ME, and let Him clean the mess...blessing is knocking at my door!

DING DONG! The blessing OF the "Moment" is here.

"God, you are the AUTHOR,

please come right in!

So happy you are here.

You did a GREAT Work.

Please abide."

2 comments:

Lisa Troyer said...

Dear April - love, love the story - you have found a place to belong in the Circle of Friends - may your life and ministry be filled with 'moments' of incredible blessing. Welcome aboard, my friend. Lisa Troyer : )

Allison Welch said...

Congratulations April!! How exciting. You will always remember this day. A first among many. Can I get an autographed copy?
Love you,
Allison

Post a Comment