Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bible Study for the BIRDS or OWLS?



 Our first night of Bible Study was a “latte” fun with crazy coffee cups, tongue depressors, and an excitement for the Word.  So, if you are following our coffee cup plan…

 

DO it! (Do one day’s the homework on one day)

REVIEW it!  (Review it the next day)

USE it! (Some time before Bible Study, share it via text, FB, e-mail, or chat with a friend)

 

…no matter where you are in your study this week…Congratulations for getting started, girlfriend!  Dig in!

 

Now, you might need an entire box of 64 crayons with a sharpener to finish it, but don’t quit!  Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to tell you about all the color coding while reading the passages of God’s Word with Kay Arthur. (WINK ;)

 

This was totally new for me and found it really a unique way to examine the scriptures.  If it is new for you, don’t grumble, try it…you might like it.  

 

Remember literally resting our minds on God’s Word at the end of the first session together?  If we are going to rest our minds and hearts on His Word, we first really need to check and see what we believe about His Word.  Kay is going to help us do that this week.  As you are reviewing or highlighting the questions that Kay asks you about your own life in light of the scriptures for your REVIEW days, focus on this:  What do I think of the Word of God?  Can I count on God’s Word to be faithful?  When am I faithful to lean on His Word? When am I not?  We will talk more about this the next time we get together.

 

One more question this week, if you don’t mind.  Given the important topic that came up in our first session together, answer this:  Early Bird or Night Owl?  If you are curious (like me) and wondering when everyone else is finding the time to do their homework, then, leave a comment with your name sharing if you are doing your Bible Study in the morning or evening.  I am curious as to whether we have more early birds or night owls in our group.

 

The A.M. gals will love to chat with you and roosters about what the sunrise looks like while answering the questions in your workbooks!  LOL!  J.  The P.M. ladies & I will be up late reading your posts and hoping we win! I will have the comments tallied at the next session, Thursday, January 23rd 2017 @ 7:00 p.m.  All those who leave a comment will have their name entered into our door prize drawing!  (Aren’t you glad you read this post! ) J

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

April ~ NIGHT OWL!!

Unknown said...

Most definitely during the third watch of the night, but on occasion, I am prompted to stop what I'm doing and read something or pray for someone at other times during the day. This morning, at the unusual hour for me at 7 am. You may like to visit this link and see what is said about the eight watches and read about yours. God's got it covered 24/7. ; )
http://unitedinchristcanton.org/teachings/praying-the-eight-watches-of-the-bible/

Martha Spencer said...

Early Bird, color coding is a little difficult for me, but it is causing me to read over several times and taking more in. Martha Spencer

Karen Altizer said...

Late afternoon/evening works best for me....and I'm loving the colors :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, April...take a look at the time at which this is being posted....tell you anything? The extreme lateness of the hour is your fault! I read your email about an hour ago & have been wondering all over your blog! It is wonderful and I love getting to know you better-even inside that silly strange head of yours!! You are hilarious and your love of the Lord is wonderful, inspiring and such a blessing. Now off to bed...my alarm will be going off in about 5 hours...at which time I get up & do my morning devotional time before work but extra study time has to wait until after dinner... Revonda

Anonymous said...

Early bird, color coding causes me to consider what I am reading and how it applies to my life. I can go through the day thinking about what I have read.

Anonymous said...

Cathy A.
Whooo! Whooo! Yes, the sounds of a NIGHT OWL! Enjoying my homework!

Anonymous said...

I am a OWL!!!!! I think I usually start reading around 8:25 and stop whenever:) usually at 9:47. :) Leigh Ann C.

Anonymous said...

Definite Early Bird!! Lois

Anonymous said...

I am definitely an "Early Bird" but sometimes late in the evening I can't wait till tomorrow so I work on it some more :) Sharon

Unknown said...

Whenever I can fit it into my day:) Mostly evening, though!!!

Unknown said...

I am an Early Bird/A.M. Gal - funny thing is that even 8 years ago I would have laughed at myself for saying that. You see, I used to be a P.M. Gal, SO I feel I can relate to both kinds of women. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am definitely an Early Bird! Sharon

Anonymous said...

I am an early bird!! If I don't do reading/studying early, something starts to "peck" at my day........color coding somewhat distracting to me but did it.
Jennifer

Post a Comment