Friday, January 28, 2011

Lookin' For Love

An unexpected snow day, brought a sweet expectation into our house!

A few days ago I saw this neat idea for a Valentine Countdown Calendar on-line. I made a few minor changes, grabbed the tape & crayola markers, and we have a new fun family activity to look forward to.

With Dad home for lunch, a rare treat, we sat around the table with peanut butter sammies (PB & honey for Jeremiah, PB & banana for Mom, and "just PB, please" for Dad) and came up with 14 ideas to celebrate LOVE and countdown to the BIG Day!

Here is our finished project...



...even "Little Bear" is feelin' the LOVE today!

Here is how it works...Each day, you "look" under the sweets for some way to express or celebrate LOVE! Would you like a sneak peek?! ;)

Look under February 1st! Our first thing to do is to read 1 Corinthians 13, verses 4-8! If we don't know what "LOVE" looks like, acts like, or sounds like, how are we going to celebrate it, right?!

A little background into the project: This past Christmas, our family read the advent book, The Jesse Tree, for the first time. It was such a huge hit at our house, I wanted to keep "looking for Christ" well into 2011! Funny what come paper, markers, and tape can do, huh?!

The word advent means the arrival of something important or awaited. Everyone looks for love, don't you think?! How I await for that little kiss on the cheek when my hubby comes in from his day at work! How I look forward to waking up our sleepy red head only to be met with hugs! How I await for that time in the day when I can sit down and look into God's Word and hear again of His love for me!

God's love is no small thing. Look at how Bible reminds us that He does love us. He loved us so much, that He sent is only Son to die so that you and I could have a relationship with Him, and even call Him "Father." That's why we need to celebrate it!

The poster is up...even made peanut butter cookies...needed a little something sweet after cutting out all of those little pictures of candy...but we don't have to wait until February for the LOVE. My prayer is that you will find the joy of God's love if you are looking (Hint: John 3:16), feel the presence of God's love if you are hurting, and share the goodness of God's love if you are celebrating.

Stop back by for stories of our countdown or tell us how you are experiencing God's LOVE!

2 comments:

Cindy Bultema said...

Love, love, love this April!! I'm going to have to share in your fun (wink! wink!) ~ otherwise known as copy your idea! How precious! And how cute is Jeremiah???! What a handsome young man!
What a sweet blessing! Thanks for sharing!!
Cindy :)

P.S. Are you sharing the ideas you placed under the candy for the other days, or do I have to be creative?? You know my brain is some Red Hot mush these days! :)

barefootoffering said...

I'd be happy to share the ideas. I'll e-mail them to you. Thanks for reading about our day!

Post a Comment